The 'Reel' Deal
Can you believe it’s been 12 years since Charlie bit his brother's finger? Frankly, I can’t, but I think it’s common knowledge to business owners that television commercials have certainly worked historically better than a newspaper ad, for example, hence the heavy price tag on commercial spots vs. newspaper. So, it shouldn’t be difficult to translate that into the digital space. Whether you need convincing, or you need to convince your boss to invest, we are here to help you get the most bang for your buck.
Whatever viral video strikes your fancy the most, they are here, but how do you leverage video marketing into new business for your company? Charlie wasn’t selling anything after all so who cares about video, right? If you don’t, perhaps some of these facts will make you a ‘Reel’ believer.
As digital marketing evolves, we continue to see trends favoring video. Here are some quick and easy video marketing statistics that should urge you to invest in that video project, YouTube ad, or simply qualify your Snapchat habit. Our friends at Hubspot did a great job breaking it down.
Video Marketing Volume Statistics
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds. Looking for keywords to implement in your TrueView strategy? Try our Free Keyword Tool.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
- Every second, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks by 2021, according to Cisco (via Forbes).
- The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
- Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day (via Forbes).
- Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts.
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Sixty-four percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos (via Tubular Insights).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
- Views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube as of June 2017.
- You can now use GIFs in Facebook ads!
- Video drives from SERPs get the most engagement.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Internet video traffic made up 69% of global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.